Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thrifty Thursday #101

Last week I told you about the awesome day I had at the thrift store.
I got so much that I had to split the photos up into two posts!
Yowza, that's a good day of thrifting!!
 
 
Yep, that's right. I found this beautiful decorative birdcage for $5.
It's about 10" tall.
Won't it look lovely with a couple of candles in it?
It even has a chain attached to hang from the ceiling.
Love it!

 
I found this fella sitting right next to the other birdcage.
He's about 8" tall and was only $3.
I'm thinking that I'm going to pair this with a larger birdcage I already had and make a unique chandelier for my kitchen.
Stay posted. I'll surely share pics . . . if it works out:)

 
I got this brand new Paris themed make up bag for fifty cents.
I don't wear much make up or travel much, but I thought it would make a darling cash bag if I ever get a booth at a craft show.:)

 
I also found this brand new wristlet. I think the brand is Natural Life.
This has never been used before. Can you believe it was only fifty cents?!?
 
 
My final treasure was a small one. A vintage button card for a quarter.
There was a whole basket of these, but I have so many buttons already, that I limited myself to this one. I hope to use it in a collage.
 
That's it for this week, but boy, wasn't it a doozy of a score?
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
And those who know Your name will put their trust in You;
for you, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.
Psalm 9:10
 
 This post is linked to Simple Nature Decor, Petticoat Junction, and Made in a Day.

4 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

You can never have too many buttons:-) You were so lucky to find those birdcages at such a good price. A chandelier is an awesome idea.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Great finds especially the bird cage!!

Hugs,
Deb

Maria said...

I love your style of your blog, its very vintage looking and because I love to go to gargae sales and consignment shopping every week, your style makes me feel that..

Thanks for coming to my party this past friday
and if you have a few minutes stop by someof the other blogs Maria your Host

Paperesse said...

Lucky you! What finds!!! I'm lusting over those buttons.