Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thrifty Thursday #103

With the cold weather, yard sales have been pretty slim around these parts.
It warmed up for a bit last week, so I was able to find two listed in the classifieds
that I ventured out to.
The first was posted as an estate sale. I pulled up and saw a few tables in the garage.
That was the smallest estate sale I'd ever seen. I asked the gentleman running it about it, and he said some lady with a shop came the day before and bought all the furniture. So I was a day late and a dollar short.

 
I did find this small bowl for a quarter. Pretty huh?
I've purchased pieces with this pattern before.
This one isn't for me though. The same friend who has me looking for mixing bowls also has me watching for pretty plates so she can have a display of varied plates on her living room wall.
I often find plates, but I really don't need any, so it will be nice to be able to pick some up for her.

 
I also got this dinner plate for her. It was a dollar, but so worth it.
It's in great shape and I love the rose design.

 
I never pass up a doily that's in good condition and under a dollar.
This one was fifty cents.

 
I fell in love with this jewelry set. The smaller hearts are earrings, but I plan to cut off the posts and glue bails to the back to make pendants.
I hope to use my silverware stamps on these.
Four darling vintage silver hearts for a dollar. Score!

 
I swung by the second sale on my way home.
I picked up this set of heart cookie cutters for fifty cents.
I think I'll do something crafty with them rather than make cookies. . . we'll see:)
 
I wish you all luck if you find any yard sales! Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
Ask, and it will be given to you;
seek, and you will find;
knock, and it will be opened to you.
Mat. 7:7
 

2 comments:

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

The second rose plate looks like the "Ballerina" pattern. I think that pattern is so pretty, I've found several pieces over the last few months. Never pass up a fancy, inexpensive doily!!! Hearts were clearly trump of the day~~~

Heather {Woods of Bell Trees} said...

What a savings for quality items!