Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Layout of the Week #101

Welcome to the first Layout of the Week of 2015!
How about if you start a habit of stopping by here every other Wednesday to complete a layout?!?
Sounds like a good resolution to me. . . :)
All my layout tutorials can be made in less than an hour using supplies you have on hand.

 

 Here's the layout we'll be creating today.
Yours will look slightly different as you'll be using products that you have.


 To make it, you'll need:
1 piece of 12"x 12" cardstock
1 piece of pattern paper measuring 3 1/2"x 12"
one piece of pattern paper measuring 11"x 8 1/2"
title card or letter stickers for your title
journaling card (a note card will work)
2 embellishments
paper trimmer
adhesive
4 photos


First, adhere the 11"x 8 1/2" piece of paper about 1" from the left side of the cardstock.


Now place the 3"x 12" piece of pattern paper along the right edge of the cardstock.
This should slightly overlap the first piece of pattern paper.
 

 Place your photos in two rows like this.
I used two vertical photos on the top row and two horizontal photos on the bottom row.
I trimmed a little off the edges of all my pictures.


Using your title card or letter stickers, place your title below the bottom right photo.





Write on your journaling card and place it slightly overlapping your top left photo.




The embellishments that I decided to use were 2 butterflies printed on a small card.
I cut around the edges so that I could use them in two different places.


Place an embellishment at the top of your journaling card
and to the left of your title.

That's it! 
Pretty simple and simply pretty.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
I'm considering making this feature as a Youtube video.
Which would you all prefer- a video or step by step photos?

Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.

Since you were precious in My sight,
 you have been honored, and I have loved you
Isaiah 43:4

No comments: