Friday, February 13, 2015

Cork Heart DIY

If you've got some corks and a glue gun,
 here's a quick project you can whip up for Valentine's Day.


This cork heart is cute and easy to make. 


Start with an 8 1/2"x 11" piece of paper and fold it in half.
Draw half a heart on it- just like we used to do in elementary school.


Then cut along the line and you'll have a heart.
This will be the template for our cork heart.


 Start by placing one cork at the top of the heart. Then, using a glue gun, glue along 
one edge of each cork and press it up against the previous cork.


Keep going while following along the edge of your template.


For the very last cork, I placed glue on two opposite sides and slid it in sideways in between the two on either side- so I wouldn't get glue along the tops of the corks.




 Your heart is done!
 I let mine sit for a few minutes until all the glue was set.




If you're wondering why I have so many corks, 
it's because I bought this huge container of them at an estate sale.


Now it's ready to set out on a shelf.

By the way, everything in this arrangement was a second hand purchase -
 the globe, the books, the basket- even the wooden spools in the basket!


I think it's cute enough that it can sit out not just for Valentine's Day, but all the time!

If you like this project, check out what else I used my stash of corks to make.
 You can go here to see a large cork heart and here to see a yardstick cork board.

I hope you all have a lovely Valentine's Day and your sweetie gets you something nice!

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, 
my soul shall be joyful in my God
Isaiah 61:10


No comments: