Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Recipe of the Week #155-Sugar Cookies

Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Mix in flour and baking soda. Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Slightly flatten dough balls and add sprinkles. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

This is an old family recipe. I've been making these since I was just a little girl.
This is a low key, simple recipe, and you can top these cookies with anything - M and Ms, sprinkles, red hots- whatever works for you.

Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid.
Isaiah 12:2


This post is linked to It's Overflowing, Between Naps on the Porch, Tatertots and Jello,
and Tip Junkie.

2 comments:

Carmen N said...

Sugar cookies are my weakness. Well, one of them. Thanks for the wonderful-sounding recipe!

Lori said...

My boys love sugar cookies. We made these and they were a hit. Thanks for the recipe!