Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thrifty Thursday #153

Well, I didn't find anything good at the thrift stores this week,
and there haven't really been too many yard sales lately.
Luckily, we drove by one on our way to breakfast last Saturday.

I bought one bag of souvenir spoons for $5.
There were 19 spoons in the bag.
They're all so cute and unique.

(I wish the photos were better, but I tried four different times in different lighting with different backgrounds, and this was the best I could do)


The first one is from Victoria, B.C., the next one is from the 1984 Mardi Gras,
the third one is from New Mexico, and my favorite of this group is the last one.
 It's from Hawaii and has a hula girl engraved in the handle.


The next four all have dangly charms: the first one is from Fiesta, Tx in San Antonio. It has a picture of a carousel horse with a horse charm. 
The second one is from The Song of Norway, Royal Caribbean Cruise Line and has a ship charm. The third one is engraved on the bottom part of the spoon and says
 Mission Santa Barbara and has a bell charm. 
The fourth one is from Isabella Lake. It is engraved with a picture of the state of California. 
The charm is a bear.



These two have small buildings on the top and are engraved on the bell of the spoon.
The left one is from Washington D.C. and has the Capitol building at the top.
The second one has the state of Texas engraved on the bell and has the Alamo at the top.

These are from Big Bear Lake California, Washington, Kentucky, and Michigan.


The last five are all unique. 
I love the two outer ones that are shaped like shovels. 
The left one is from Maryland and the right one is from the Sun Viking Cruise Ship.
The second from the left is from Durban Mitchell Park, the next one is copper in color and is from the 1984 World's Fair. The second from the right has a scalloped bell and is from Colorado.

I was tickled pink as I pulled each spoon out of the bag they came in.
Somebody really was a big traveler. There were four more bags there for sale.
I was tempted, but I figured one bag was enough.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. . . maybe make a wind chime.
Do you have any ideas of what I could do with them?

I wish you all happy treasure hunting this weekend! Hopefully you'll find more sales than I did:)

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Giving thanks always for all things to God the Father
 in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
Eph. 5:20

2 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a lucky find and such a great deal too. I think your idea of wind chimes is really clever. Thanks for sharing them at Vintage Inspiration Party.

Sherry Clitheroe (writing as Abigail Leigh Reed) said...

Those are pretty! My Mother used to collect them too! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty - we hope to see you Friday. :)

~Lorelai
Life With Lorelai