Monday, April 6, 2015

Mini Album Monday #51- Baby Boy Themed Junk Journal

I've often mentioned how I love to make mini albums that incorporate all different kinds of pages.
I refer to them as Junk Journals.
Today I'm going to show you one that I made that has a baby boy theme.

I like these albums because you can pick and choose favorite photos and put them in here with a quick quip about the photo.

This is a very fast and fun way to scrapbook favorite memories.


I chose an old book to use as the cover.
I used a box cutter and a straight edge to cut the covers off of the book.
I put the inside pages away to use on another project.
 

The inside of the cover had this awesome graphic printed on it.
I set up the first page as an introduction page.
There's a card that lists the birth stats. 


 The second page has a pocket with a journaling card to document some of the baby's firsts.


I like to bind this type of album with office rings, so that it's easy to add other mementos
or even switch around the pages.


Each page has plenty of room to add photos or journaling.


The page on the right is a CD envelope which provides a peek into what's in the pocket.
I placed another journaling card.
More than one thing could be slid into this envelope.


I chose lots of cute boyish papers and embellishments.


Each page has a tab along the top or side to make page turning easier.


The page on the right is actually an old time card.
Kind of appropriate because a newborn requires so many hours!!!


All the tabs are attached to just the edges of the pages so that photos can be slid behind them.


The page on the right is just an envelope that is turned on its side with a pull-out journaling card.


In addition to the pattern papers, I added ledger paper and graph paper.


This book has a total of 13 pages.


The very last page in the book is a manilla envelope folded in half with a clasp.


When you open it up, there are several pockets to keep memorabilia.


The back cover has more of that awesome graphic.

Wouldn't this album be darling filled with photos?
I wish I would've had one of these for each of my boys when they were little.
Maybe I'll have to go back and pull out some old photos and make that happen. . . 

I've given a couple of these as baby shower gifts. 
What do you think- good gift or too overwhelming?

Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.

For you yourselves are taught by God to love one another.
1 Thes. 4:9

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Gorgeous and fun! I love this book!