Friday, April 24, 2015

A Peek At My "Old" Furniture

Every Thursday, I show you what I've found while secondhand shopping.
I often repurpose these items.
Some of my favorite projects are furniture pieces.
I have several pieces of furniture in my house that actually started off as "trash."


The couch in my living room was made from three old doors (that I got for free).
Isn't this sofa cool?
My hubby and boys made it for me. They're the best.

Sitting in front of that couch is this coffee table. . . 


which is a chalkboard trunk!
I got the trunk at the thrift store for less than $5.


Also in the living room is this cute little end table made from an old Texas Instruments wooden case.
(I got the case at a resale shop and the rocker at an estate sale.) 


This sweet turquoise bench sits in my front entry.
I bought it for around five dollars at a yard sale and painted it.


This lovely lady sits in my kitchen.
It's a an old pew that I got for free, then recovered.

 I love these old pieces. They have such charm- and they certainly are unique!
My teenage boys, on the other hand, are not fond of my "old" stuff and often give me a hard time about my taste in decor.

What about you? Do you prefer old or new?

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Now may the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God
 and into the patience of Christ.
2 Thes. 3:5


No comments: