Monday, October 19, 2015

Mini Album Monday #64- Easy Halloween Mini Album

Halloween is right around the corner, so I know you'll be getting some good pictures.
Here's a quick album you can make to showcase those photos.


The reason that it will go together quickly is because it's made of decorative treat bags.


 To make it, you'll need:
6-8 Halloween treat bags (mine are 4 1/2" x 7")
6-8 pieces of pattern paper measuring 5"x 3 1/2" 
stickers in your theme
6-8 pieces of cardstock trimmed to 4"x 6"
optional: small doily and tickets or scraps of pattern papers to act as tabs
adhesive
hole punch
two office rings


Decide how many pages you want in your book. Keep in mind that you need one for your cover too.
I used seven bags. They should all lay horizontally with the openings to the right.

To start, we're going to put the title on the cover.
If you'd like, place a doily at the lower right corner.


Now place a small piece of pattern paper at the bottom of the doily.


Place your title sticker on the pattern paper.


On the remaining bags, adhere the pattern paper near the centers.
I used the same pattern on every page.

Punch two holes along the left edge of all the bags.
I did mine all at one time.
Place your office rings in these to bind the book.


 Adhere tickets or small squares of pattern paper to the short ends of all your cardstock.
These will become inserts for your paper bags which makes pocket pages.
I staggered my tickets left, middle, and right so they weren't all the same.


Place one piece of cardstock in each bag. I like how they look with tabs sticking out.
That also makes it easier to pull them out.

Now it's time to add photos.
I chose photos of my siblings and I from when we were young.


Place a photo on each page.
Add journaling or a caption and an embellishment if desired.


Don't forget to add photos to the pages inside the bags.


Even though we just used horizontal mats, you can still feature vertical photos.


Some of my pages have very little journaling as I can't remember much about what went on!


I used an orange Sharpie marker and wrote right on the photo mats.


It was so much fun using older photos.
I can't wait to show this album to my mom!
 

If you'd like, add a piece of ribbon to each office ring.
That's it!

Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; 
I will guide you with My eye.
Psalm 32:8

No comments: