Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Happy Birthday Sam!



My older son turns 16 today.
How the years fly by!
It seems like just yesterday he was a sweet toddler toting around Match Box cars and asking me "Would that be fine?" when he wanted to do something.

In honor of the big 1-6, I thought I'd share 16 things about Sam.

1. He is very reliable. I love knowing that I can count on him.
2. He's a gentleman. He hold doors open for me and carries heavy things without being asked.
3. He loves his curly hair and refuses to cut it- even though it drives his dad crazy!
4. He's growing out his facial hair. He feels it makes him look older.
5. He can't wait to get his driver's license. He's been saving up for a vehicle and hopes to find an older truck to drive.
6. He is an excellent drummer. He's been taking lessons for around four years.
7. He has a wonderful sense of humor and is quite witty.
8. His preferred clothing include Star Wars t-shirts and camouflage shorts.
9. He is good at anything he tries.
10. Although he's not quite as tall as his dad, he is broader in the shoulders and a bit heavier.
 He certainly doesn't look sixteen.
11. He is very creative.
12. He's very smart and has excellent problem-solving skills.
13. He is very shy until he gets to know you. Then he's quite a talker.
14. He has a beautiful smile- his whole face lights up.
15. He wears sunglasses everyday- sometimes even indoors!
16. He's a gentle giant. He enjoys playing with toddlers and puppies. 

This boy is so precious to me. I love him to the moon and back.
I am indeed blessed to be his mom.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

For this child I prayed
1 Sam. 1:27

This post is linked to The Dedicated House
 and Ivy and Elephants.

No comments: