Monday, January 25, 2016

Mini Album Monday #69- Album Made With A Souvenir Map

Do you pick up souvenir maps from day trips or vacations?
Today's album shows how I turned one of those maps into a mini album.

I used a map from the Houston Zoo and added photos and a cover.

I started by folding the map in half lengthwise.
Then I cut two chipboard covers slightly larger than the map.
I covered those covers with zoo themed pattern paper and added a title.


I used the folds that the map already had as my pages.
I adhered the panel on each end and to the backs of the covers using double sided tape.



The remaining accordion folds became the pages for my book.


I added one or two photos to each "layout."
To make some of the photos fit across the layout, I had to cut them in half, then butt up the edges.


I added simple embellishments like stickers, shaped paper clips, and paper arrows.

The front side of the book has three "layouts" or six folds.
Then you flip the back over to see the rest of the pages.


I kept my journaling very simple.
I used line stamps on vellum, then wrote on them.



I love how the map peeks through around all the photos.


Because the book is accordion folded, the pages pull out like this
 (this is the view of all the front pages spread out).


The back matches the front.
I had my hubby draw different paw/hoof prints across the cover.

What do you think? Does it make you want to try turning a map into a mini album?

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Then Jesus spoke to them again saying,
 "I am the light of the world. 
He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, 
but have the light of life."
John 8:12


This post is linked to Plucky's Second ThoughtFunky Junk, Lil' Luna, and Tip Junkie.

3 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog because it was through it that I discovered yours, and I LOVE it! I love all sorts of scrappy and bookmaking things. I'm just now starting to make books with Japanese Stab Binding and thoroughly enjoying myself. I'm your newest follower!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

How creative of you to make this album. Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J&J!

Jess said...

Adorable! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!