Monday, January 18, 2016

Trash to Treasure: Attic Turbine Turned Light Fixture

Last year, my neighbor had an old attic turbine sitting outside her garage.
I asked if I could have it because I thought it would make 
the most awesome light fixture.


And holy cow! It sure did!


After sitting at my neighbor's for sometime, it sat at my house waiting to be hung.
Then one day, my hubby made it work.
And I totally love it!


It allows light to come through, although not enough to be a main light fixture in a room.
But it's perfect for a front entry, and it casts a cool shadow on the walls.
If you're wondering what is on the right side of the hallway, it's an old door with clipboards displaying photos. You can go here to see it.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Sing out the honor of His name; 
make His praise glorious.
Psalm 66:2

7 comments:

ttrp said...

That is so cool!!!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

What a great idea for a light fixture!
Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a clever repurposing idea, love the way the light shines on the wall. Thanks so much for sharing at Talk of the Town.

Rose, who is throwing a linky party at FineCraftGuild.com said...

Very unique light fixture. Come link it up with us! Worth showing off!!

Jess said...

I totally love this idea!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

the cape on the corner said...

that's awesome!
b

Unknown said...

Saw this project on pinterest a while back as a pendant light and loved it so, I've been searching for a junked turbine ever since, looks great as a ceiling fixture as well, nice job!