Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Recipe of the Week #230- Slow Cooker Fig Butter


Slow Cooker Fig Butter
2 lbs whole figs (about 20)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup molasses
2 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp pumpkin spice

Cut stems off figs and slice in half. Place figs in slow cooker. Add other ingredients to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours until figs are falling apart. Stir occasionally. Place the mixture in a blender or food processor to break up the large pieces. Transfer to jars. Allow to cool at room temperature. These can be stored in the freezer for up to three months.

I don't often get my hands on some figs, but when I do, I usually use them to make strawberry fig jelly. My neighbor recently gave me some figs and a batch of her fig preserves, so I thought I'd find a new recipe. Enter this one. It smelled like Christmas while it was cooking! My hubby loves it! It tastes great on biscuits, toast, and crackers.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom,
teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Col. 3:16
This post is linked to Tuesdays With A Twist, Crafts a la ModeTatertotsand Jello,
and Skip to My Lou.

No comments: