Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My church has been collecting new and gently used toys all year to donate to needy families around Christmas. We found an organization in Bolivar Peninsula that is hosting a Christmas party for the local kids. So today, my hubbie and I packed the truck full of the donated goods and drove down to Galveston. What an awesome thing to get to be a part of!

While we were there, we drove down the seawall and through the town. It's unbelievable how much destruction there still is this long after Ike. I can't imagine how awful it must have been immediately after. Our thoughts and prayers continue to go out to all those affected.

On a lighter note, I played football with my boys today after school. Ethan could not believe what a good defender I was. Maybe someday I'll let him know that his eyes gave away his intended direction every time!

Thought for the day:
Every day is a new opportunity to make a new happy ending.
-Author Unknown

1 comment:

Heidi M said...

We are so blessed to have our lives back to normal after Ike. What you did today, likely will be remembered by those children for the rest of their lives. God Bless You.
Heidi