Thursday, December 4, 2008


Sam had a birthday party today with a few friends. We ate pizza and played at the video arcade at Double Dave's Pizza, then played a game of laser tag at Laser Zone. From the minute the boys got together, there was a lot of noise, laughter, and talking about body excrements. It was a lot of fun!

(Ethan, Wallace, Sam, Garrett, Zac)

I received binders in the mail today. I've been waiting for them so I can finish putting together 2 Christmas gifts. They are scrapbooks made out of a hard back book (with the pages removed). It's an awesome project I learned how to do in a class by Janet Hopkins. Here's the link where you can order the instructions online.

I'll post a few pics of my albums once I finish them.

Here are the layouts I did for the Scrapbook Junkie Design Team. We were given two bags full of supplies to work with and had to create 2 one page layouts and a card. The first layout- the Christmas one- is different from what I usually do. I used a lot of the product on the layout, and it's very busy. The photo I used is from 2 Christmases ago, and I was tickled to get it into my scrapbook. The second layout was not as busy, and I used a small page protector to make a flip photo.


I've been working with Ethan on not worrying so much. I tell him that it's only second grade, he's not trying to save the Earth. I don't think he listens to me.
I read this quote and it made me think:
I am only one, but I am one.
I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.
-Edward Everett Hale



1 comment:

Heidi M said...

Laura,
Your layouts are awesome! I can't wait to see them in person. I LOVE the way you used the photo corners to make the Christmas Tree!

Hugs,
Heidi