Monday, November 12, 2012

Chunky Beaded Necklace

     I love big chunky beads and I love to wear necklaces of all kinds. I found a tutorial at the Design Stash blog showing how to make a necklace using beads and ribbon and I was sold! The directions are so easy to follow, I felt I couldn't go wrong.

 
This is how it turned out. The beads are on a length of ribbon with a knot tied in between each bead. Then I tied on a toggle clasp.

 
I got these bracelets at a scrapbooking store years ago. I love the color of the beads and how large they are. I don't know if you've ever worn a bracelet with beads this big, but it's a little clunky and gets in the way of. .. well, everything. So I decided these would be perfect to turn into a necklace.
 
 
I remembered that I had gotten this flower pendant some time ago and never used it, and I thought it would be a nice addition to the necklace. I used a toothpick and model paint to make the dots in the center red.
 
 
I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I think the colors are so happy.
I have never strung beads on ribbon for jewelry before, but after trying it with this, I will be using this technique again.

     Here's where I found the tutorial to make this necklace on the Design Stash blog.

     Happy Veteran's Day to all you veterans out there. Thank you so much for your service.

     Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.
Psalm 91:1-2

This post is linked to Brassy Apple, Craft-O-Maniac, Between Naps on the Porch, Skip To My Lou, and Make the World Cuter.

1 comment:

Brooke Waite said...

It turned out lovely Laura! Thanks for the shout-out!
Hugs,
Brooke