Monday, November 26, 2012

Earrings Turned Necklace and Ring

     I have had this pair of heart earrings with a quote inscribed on them for awhile, but never worn them. I'm pretty much a silver hoops kind of girl. I hated that these were just sitting because they're really cute. So one day while digging through my jewelry box, I thought, how about if I turn them into a necklace and ring set?

 
This is how they turned out.

 
This is what I started with.
I clipped off the earring hoops and sanded the back where they were attached.

 
For the necklace, I glued on a bale (which is a flat piece that attaches to the back of the charm and has a loop to connect it to a necklace) with some E-6000 glue. I let it sit for 24 hours before I placed it on a necklace.

 
For the ring, I simply glued the charm to a ring back.
So very simple- and cheap!
Cute necklaces like this are all over the web and usually cost a pretty penny. Now I have a ring and a necklace for the price of one pair of earrings!
 
This would be a great gift idea for Christmas. You could buy one pair of earrings and have two gifts! You could make two necklaces or two rings or a necklace and a ring. . .
I, personally, would love to receive something like this as a gift.:)
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless. 


Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so
doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.
Hebrews 13:2


This post is linked to Brassy Apple , Between Naps on the Porch, Five Days Five Ways and Making the World Cuter.

No comments: