Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #44

     Earlier this week, I took a few minutes of "me time" (which I seem to need now more that we homeschool!) and headed to the thrift stores. This is the second week in a row that I had a project in mind and found what I needed- how great is that?!


 
One project I am planning will need lots of Christmas balls. I had intended to pick some up at the dollar store, but found all these for $2.25 which is half what I would've paid at the dollar store.

 
Found this brand new pack of gift tags from Ikea- never been opened- for fifty cents. They had six packages- if I was still teaching scrapbooking classes, I would have picked them all up. Instead I got just this one pack.
I bet it costs more than fifty cents at Ikea!:)

 
This brand new pack of light clips was only fifty cents. I'm hoping my hubby will hang lights outside this year- can't do it for cheaper than this!

 
I have been needing a cute white scarf. I think I will use this to make a t-shirt scarf like this.

 
This book was printed in the fifties. Got it for a quarter. . .

 
and look at the graphics. They just don't make them like this anymore!

 
Got this one because I can't pass up an old textbook- especially when it's only a quarter!

 
This roll of curling ribbon was a nickel- just in time for the gift wrapping season.

 
I have another project that I want to try that needs clear ornaments. Voila!
(You can see the project here.)

 
This old atlas was a dime. I like to keep old maps on hand for projects.

     Good luck with your secondhand shopping this week! Thanks for stopping by and God bless.


So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be
swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath
James 1:19
 
 
     This post is linked to My Repurposed Life, Apron Thrift Girl,  and Be Different Act Normal.

1 comment:

aimymichelle said...

great score! i've been finding satin ornaments lately which is good cause i've been looking for weeks. i haven't seen any clear ornaments while thrifting lately. hopefully i can find a bunch more. love them.