Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Lovelies That I Love

As a frequent thrift store and curb shopper, I love the hunt of great finds.
Along with that, comes the fun of figuring out what to do with those things.
I thought I'd show you a few items that are useful for distressing and repurposing . . .


This magazine will blow your mind- they have the best upcycled projects!
After reading it, you'll be so inspired that you'll have to head to the nearest resale shop or yard sale - I'm not kidding!




 Chalk paint gives pieces such a pretty finish.
It is easy to layer and distress and can be used on many types of surfaces.


After painting furniture, especially with chalk paint, you'll want some to use some furniture wax.
It's a protectant sealer.



When you re-do furniture, you need a good supply of sandpaper and a great palm sander.  
I've found that this Precision File Set is awesome for getting in tight spaces.


This kit has all sorts of stuff for distressing all in one place.
If you're just wanting to get the feel of different products before committing to buying a whole lot of them, this may be for you.

Well, are you itching to get to work?
Repurposing items isn't just fun, it's also a great way to honor Earth Day!
(I didn't plan for this post to coincide with Earth Day; it was just a happy accident!)

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.


But as for you, brethren, 
do not grow weary in doing good.
2 Thes. 3:13

This post is linked to Too Much Time on My Hands, I Heart NaptimePlucky's Second Thought.

No comments: