Monday, May 11, 2015

A Peek at Canton

Have you heard of  First Monday Trade Days at Canton, Texas?
Well, I've wanted to go since I first heard about it, and I finally got the chance to go with a friend.
It was unbelievable!
It stretched on and on- it was so much bigger and better than I imagined!
I just have to show you how awesome it was. . . 


This flea market stretches for over 100 acres and has over 6,000 vendors.
Jaw drop!


There was booth after booth full of pretty much anything you can think of.


I loved this metal organizer. I saw all kinds of awesome stuff like this.
Turrets must be a big thing- there were lots of them!


I love old crates.
The curvy thing on the ground would make an awesome headboard, huh?


Doesn't this booth just beckon you?


You wouldn't believe how many windows I saw.
They were priced pretty reasonably- these were $20 apiece.


Swoon!


I was so tempted by these old cans.
I really wanted to get an old gas can, but I just couldn't justify buying it
 since I didn't know what I'd do with it.


There were soooo many beautiful windows.
Check out the crates on the table above the windows. Nice, huh?


I just love the thrill of the hunt for that one special piece.


There were plenty of booths and stores that sold new and repurposed stuff, too.
I love all these "new" light fixtures!


This was my trunk after our first day of shopping.
Believe it or not, but we ended up fitting way more stuff than this in here!!
We had the best time!


My friend and I think that we should go back at least yearly - maybe even twice a year.
I reassured my hubby that I wouldn't bring so much back next time. :)



Stop back by on Thursday to see what made it home with me.


Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.

Let no one despise your youth, 
but be an example to the believers in word, 
in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
1 Tim. 4:12


3 comments:

Melissa said...

Great finds!

LivingVintage said...

Your post makes me want to hop in the car and drive to Canton!

Jess said...

This looks so neat! How fun!

Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!