Friday, November 9, 2012

It's Ring-tastic!

     Anybody up for another jewelry idea? How about a ring made from a foreign coin?

 We have collected quite a few different European coins from our time spent in Germany. Some of them are really unique.
I chose three that I thought would look cute as rings.
The coin on the left is a Spanish Peseta.  It says, "Espana," and has a picture of a Spanish building. It has a hole in the center, so I put a little bling there.
The middle one is 20 Pence from England. I liked the picture on it- a flower with a crown.
My favorite is the coin on the right. It's 1 Krone from Denmark. It has 2 hearts on it. This coin also has a hole in the center which I filled with some bling. I like this one because of the hearts and because Denmark is where my hubby and I got married. Makes the hearts seem fitting, huh?

 
I just used a little E-6000 glue to attach the coins to the ring backs. Then I gave it a good 24 hours to dry.

 
What do you think? One-of-a-kind, that's for sure!


     If you like this project, you may want to go here to see how to make foreign coins into magnets.

    Thanks for stopping by and God bless.


As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways
higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. 
Isaiah 55:9
 

1 comment:

Alli Smith said...

Now I know what to do with those foreign coins. Our grands always ask that we bring them back coins, along with all the other souvenirs.

Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday!