Friday, June 27, 2014

Tea Towel Pillow

A few weeks ago I came across two tea towels at the thrift store.
They were only a quarter apiece.
I don't often come across cute tea towels in my secondhand shopping,
so I was delighted when I found them.
  
 
I knew right away that these fellas would become a pillow.

 
I started by sewing the lace along the edge of one of the towels.
Then I laid the towels face to face with the lace sandwiched in between them and ran them through my sewing machine.
I left about a four inch gap so that I could turn the towels right side out and fill them with stuffing.
I finished off the pillow by hand sewing the gap closed.

 
The tea towels are large, so the pillow ended up being the size of a regular pillow.
 
 
The words say Bon Buni Cucacao- not for sure what area the map is featuring,
but I think it turned out pretty cute.
It will join all the other pillows on my door couch.
 
Pillows are such a simple sewing project.
Now that I've made several, I may be ready to move on to a more complicated sewing project. . .
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
When a man's ways please the Lord,
He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
Proverbs 16:7
 
 
 

3 comments:

Maria said...

YEAH!!! it came out great.. so excited to see the transformation..
Thanks for stopping by..
Hugs
Maria

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Really cute - I like this idea.

Maria said...

Last time you linked up this post and I was so excited to see that you made a pillow with the towel so i featured it on my Fabulous Friday Party starts tonight and goes on all week
Thanks
Maria
http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/