Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thrifty Thursday #128

I went to an estate sale that was advertised as a one day only sale on a Thursday from 9-2.
Short hours, huh?
Anyway, I showed up around 1:20, just before closing. Boy was the gal ready to make a deal!
I filled half my backseat with stuff and only spent $4!
 
 
I got this old adding machine for $1.
I've been wanting one of these. It's now sitting on a low shelf in my living room.

 
I got this vegetable grater for a dime.
I love the hexagon shape.
I think it will be so pretty with a candle inside.
I could also use it to display photos like this- it would hold several because of it's unique shape.
 

I fell in love with these old milk bottles- they were only a dime each!
 Won't they make beautiful vases?

 
This silver platter was only a dime.

 
I couldn't pass up these funky dice for a dime.
They have bowling pins on them.
 
 
This small platter was a dime- just like most the items.
I'm telling you, the gal was ready to deal!

 
I picked up this enamel bowl for a ten cents.
 
 
Each of these plates was- you guessed it- a dime!
They, and the platter above, are for a friend.

 
Two more ten cent plates for my friend and her plate display.


I got all these bridge score pads for a dime-
 I love unique paper products for scrapbooking.

 
Here's the strangest thing I've ever bought-
an old enamel bed pan.
It cost fifty cents.
If you think this is weird, wait til you see this. . .

 
male bedpan!
I have never seen such a beast before.
These were fifty cents each.
I simply couldn't resist. Although, I don't plan on keeping them.
I'm hoping to find a local consignment shop to take products or maybe even sell them on Ebay.

I also got a big fishing net and a bag full of enamel pot lids (I've got a project planned for them:)
I wasn't kidding when I said that my purchases filled half my backseat!
 
I wish you luck with your secondhand shopping this weekend.
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
O God, in the multitude of Your mercy,
Hear me in the truth of Your salvation.
Psalm 69:13
 
 This post is linked to I Heart Naptime, Be Different, Act Normal, and Ivy and Elephants

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I just picked up one of those adding machines last Saturday. And the bedpans - too funny!