Monday, August 11, 2014

Comic Covered Chipboard Letter DIY

I'm back with yet another letter project.
Today I've covered a chipboard letter with
 a page out of a Smoky the Bear comic book.
 
 
I think it turned out pretty cute.
 
 
To make it, I used:
a chipboard letter (got it for 40% off at Hobby Lobby)
one page out of a comic book (I got the comic book for free at a travel rest stop)
coordinating paint
Mod Podge
foam brush
scissors
small piece of sandpaper

So basically, this project only cost me a little over a dollar!
 
 
I started by painting the edges of the letter.
 
Once the paint dried, I quickly covered the front of the letter with Mod Podge
paying close attention to the edges.
Then I carefully pressed the comic book page to the letter, smoothing out any ripples.
 
 
After giving the glue time to dry, I used a piece of sandpaper along the edges to remove the excess comic. The sandpaper gives a smoother finish than scissors would.
 
 
That's it!
 
 
The painted edges help the letter to have a more finished look than just leaving them the natural chipboard color. The green really pops!
 
I now have one more letter ready for my alphabet wall.
This would also be cute spelling out your child's name for his or her bedroom wall.

 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
 My flesh and my heart fail;
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:26
 
 


1 comment:

Natasha in Oz said...

Thanks for sharing your post at the Say G'day Saturday linky party. I just pinned it!

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz