Monday, August 4, 2014

Mini Album Monday #35- Paper Bag Album

Today's featured mini album is made with two paper bags and two pieces of 6"x 11 1/2" cardstock.
 
 
The opening of one paper bag faces to the left,
then I placed a piece of cardstock,
then I placed the second paper bag (with the opening facing to the right when the book is opened),
then I placed the second piece of cardstock.
I folded them all in half, punched two holes, and attached them together with a piece of ribbon.
 
In the two pages that have the sack openings, I placed a piece of cardstock with a journaling card.

 
I featured my mother-in-law in this book.
I used these journaling cards by K and Company throughout the album.
I gave them to her to fill out and asked for some older photos of her.

 
Each spread has one photo and one or two of the cards she filled out.


I wanted a vintage look, so I went with muted colors and used buttons, small flowers,
sheet music, old book pages, and shipping tags.

 
I love that my mother-in-law's handwriting is on every page.

 
The cards include questions like:
Tell me about your funniest memory.
Who influenced your life the most?
What do you remember about your grandparents?
What did you think you would be when you grew up?
Tell me about your first job.

 
These are things that I wouldn't have thought to ask my mother-in-law, so I'm so glad that I have the answers written down not just for me, but for my children to read, too.

 
Because most of the photos are originals, I used photo corners to adhere them.

 
My back cover just has one simple strip of vintage sheet music.
 
I made this album several years ago.
My mother-in-law has since passed away, so this book is such a treasure to my hubby and I.
 
I feel scrapbooking is so important to document special memories like this.
I love sitting down to look through our different mini albums.
 
If you enjoyed this post, stop by every other Monday for a new mini album.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
A merry heart does good, like medicine,
but a broken spirit dries the bones.
Proverbs 17:22
 


2 comments:

Jess said...

This is so cute! Love the idea!

Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

Unknown said...

So pretty! Visiting from Make It Pretty Monday link party!
Roselle