Friday, September 12, 2014

Chipboard Letter Covered With Tickets DIY

Who doesn't love monograms?
Especially one. . . 

 
covered in tickets!
Isn't this fun?!?

 
If you'd like to make one, all you need is:
a chipboard letter (I got mine at Hobby Lobby)
tickets (any color)
paint (in the color of your tickets)
Mod Podge
foam brush
sandpaper

 
Start by painting the edges of the letter.
After painting, I washed out my foam brush so I could use it for the next step.
 
 
Once the paint is dry, start adhering the tickets using Mod Podge.
Make sure you get glue all along the edges so they won't peel up.
When you apply one, press it tightly especially along the edges.

 
After about an hour, use a small piece of sandpaper along the edges to get rid of the excess tickets.
See how the painted edges add to the finished look?
 
 
 I think turned out cute and unique.
Mine is for my alphabet wall, but this idea would be fun as decor for a birthday party, too.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man who trusts in You!
Psalm 84:12
 
 

1 comment:

My Repurposed Life said...

I love how your M turned out with the tickets! The color is great.

catching you!

gail