Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thrifty Thursday #135

Happy Thursday, my thrifty friends!
Did you stop by to see what treasures I dug up during my weekly thrift store run?


I got this matching dinner and salad plate set for $1.25. The bright red color beckoned me.
I like to keep nice plates on hand for when I take a dessert to a friend- that way they don't have to return the plates to me. Somebody is going to love these! :)


One of the thrift stores in town relocated to a brand new building at the end of the summer. I don't go there as often as I used to go to their previous location which is strange because the
new one is much nicer.
Anyway, I did stop in and take a look around. 
I picked up these three books for fifty cents apiece.
They're now in a stack to be turned into junk journals (their covers and some interior pages will be made into scrapbooks like these)
I think the dictionary and thesaurus will make especially cute covers.


 This is the third incomplete set of small foam balls that I've gotten for a dime.
I now have enough to make a cute garland.


While out and about last Saturday morning, I stopped into one yard sale.
I got this 6" beautiful beige lace.
I think it may get turned into lacy boot socks.


I couldn't pass up this bag of random crocheted pieces- I especially love the flowers in front.
It was priced $1 and labeled as "Nana's work."

That's it for this week. Swing by every Thursday to see what I've found.
Happy treasure hunting to you all.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Let my prayer come before You; incline Your ear to my cry.
 Psalm 88:2
 

1 comment:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

The lace and crocheted tuff are fab! Great prices.