Monday, September 22, 2014

My Fall Wreath

Earlier this year, I made a very simple wreath for my front door.
The base was a grapevine wreath, then I added a few dollar store flowers and a chipboard letter.
I just love seeing it every time I come home.
 
Since today is the first official day of fall (although it's still nearly 90 degrees here),
I decided to make my wreath match the season.
 
 
Here it is.

 
Here's how it looked before I changed out the flowers.
 
I removed my brightly colored flowers which came with alligator clips attached.
Then I got my fall colored flowers and leaves and used my glue gun to attach them to alligator clips.
 
The alligator clips work great so that I can use the same wreath throughout the year.
 

I clipped the new flowers to the wreath and I was done.
Simple, really.
 
All the flowers came from the Dollar Tree.
The wreath came from Michaels (with a coupon).
The chipboard letter came from Hobby Lobby (with a coupon).
This project cost less than $12 for both the summer and fall versions!
I love an affordable project!
 
 
On that note, I'll say, "Happy fall, y'all!"
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever;
with my mouth will I make known Your faithfulness to all generations.
Psalm 89:1
 
 This post is linked to It's Overflowing, Skip to My Lou, and Natasha In Oz.


No comments: