Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thrifty Thursday #133

Welcome to another freebie edition of Thrifty Thursday!
The only thing I like better than a good deal is a free deal:)
I was recently given some items from a friend who is downsizing
due to extenuating circumstances in her life.
Here's what I got. . .
 
 
this gorgeous hand painted vase.
It was made in Bosnia.
I love all the colors!

 
I also got two microphone stands circa the sixties or seventies.
This one may not look like much, but I'm thinking it would make a rockin' floor lamp!
Don't you?

 
I also got this old music stand.
I will probably trade my older son for the music stand he has in his room.
I think I may paint it a bright red to match his drum set.
His stand, which is older and prettier, will come out to the living room
and hold a scrapbook on display.

This lovely friend of mine also has a beautiful buffet that she's letting me have to refinish,
but I don't have room for it in my garage yet. I'll show you a photo once I get it.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
Blessed is the man whose strength is in You
Psalm 84:5
 
This post is linked to My Salvaged Treasures, Junkin' Joe, Craft-O-Maniac

2 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love a free deal too. Your vase is so pretty and the music stand is something I'm always looking for. Thanks for sharing at the Vintage Inspiration Party.

Melissa said...

I love the idea of that microphone stand turned into a floor lamp. Come share over at my thrifty things friday link up! :)