Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thrifty Thursday #145

I've mentioned before that there are two thrift stores that I try to visit every week.
There is a third store in the same area, but I rarely go to it.
It's recently been built, so it's nice and clean, but I feel that their prices are a little high-
 to pay for the new building, I suppose.
 
Anyway I don't know why I don't stop there more often
because the last few times that I have, I've found good stuff.
 
 
like this globe.
Isn't it beautiful?
It's slightly smaller than the average globe and is written in a foreign language.
It was made in Italy (per the manufacturer's tag on the bottom).
I paid $6 for it- which is not a bad price for a globe in this good of condition.

 
Then I made a quick run into my two usual haunts and only found one thing-
 this reasonably priced brand new package of luminaries.
Our church has a lot of functions and I thought these could be used
as centerpieces for something or other.
They were $1 for 12.
 
That's it.
Not too hard on my pocketbook.
And that globe sure made me smile.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
Do you not know that those who run in a race all run,
but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.
1 Cor. 9:24
 
 This post is linked to Embracing ChangeJunkin' Joe, Be Different, Act Normal,
 and My Salvaged Treasures.

1 comment:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

You were sure in the right place at the right time. Love that globe and the thrifty price tag.