Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Layout of the Week #110

Recently I was reading something to my boys- it was a quiz that I had filled out.
I told them to listen as they might learn something new about me.
They reluctantly sat down at the table with me.
As soon as I got through reading, they were anxious to answer the questions themselves.
Far be it from me to pass up an opportunity like that!
I quickly scribbled down what they were saying.

Since I had this fantastic memory, I knew I had to make a layout for it.


Here's the layout we'll be making.
Use supplies you have on hand and follow along.
In less than an hour, you'll have a completed layout!


To create it, you'll need:
one piece of 12"x 12" cardstock
one piece of muted pattern paper measuring 11 1/2"x 11 1/2"
one piece of pattern paper measuring11 1/2"x 2 3/4"
one piece of pattern paper measuring 11 1/2"x 1/2"
one piece of pattern paper measuring 5 1/2"x 6 1/2"
two pieces of pattern paper measuring 4 3/4" x 3/4"
one embellishment in your theme
letter stickers for your title
two photos measuring 3 1/2" x 4 1/2 "
paper trimmer
 adhesive
Optional: journaling card measuring 3"x 4" 

Don't be discouraged by all the cutting and measuring. Once you get that part done, the rest will just fly together:)


First, adhere your pattern paper measuring 11 1/2"x 11 1/2" centered on your cardstock.


 Now adhere your pattern paper strip measuring 11 1/2" x 2 3/4" to the bottom 
of the first pattern paper.


Place your 11 1/2"x 1/2" strip along the top of the first pattern paper.


Place the piece of pattern paper measuring 5 1/2" x 6 1/2" about 1/2" from the top strip.


Now place your two strips of pattern paper measuring 4 3/4" x 3/4" about 1/2" from the top and the bottom of the middle piece of paper.


Optional step: place your journaling card slightly behind the middle piece of pattern paper and overlapping the bottom piece of pattern paper.


Place your two photos across the center of the middle piece of pattern paper.


Place your title just below the lower right photo- if you used a journaling card, place the letters on it.
Next, place your embellishment at the lower left corner of the right photo.


Now add your journaling along the sides of the background paper.

That's it!
If you'd like to know the questions my boys answered, here they are:
2 everyday things I couldn't live without
2 of my favorite songs
2 things I worry about
2 things I want to do before I die
2 stores I shop at
2 things that scare me
2 snacks I could eat every day
2 people I'd be lost without
2 nicknames I've been given
Next 2 places I'd like to go on vacation

If you enjoyed this, stop back every other Wednesday for a new tutorial to complete a layout.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, 
for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.
Hebrews 13:2


No comments: