Monday, May 4, 2015

Mini Album Monday #53- A Mother's Album

Here is an album that I made one year around Mother's Day.
I can't tell you how much I enjoy going back and reading these memories.


I made it using a 7 Gypsies portfolio.

I've made many mini albums over the year featuring my boys with various family members,
but this is the only one of them with me.

The album opens up to reveal the interior pages.


The inside cover has an envelope to hold extra mementos
 (that's a paint chip on the envelope to give it a pop of color).

The intro page is a piece of a pre-printed list pad that says, "Note to Self."


The first page recites a poem about a parent's love for her child.

The star in the lower right corner is just punched out with a star punch.


The page on the right is three small envelopes attached to one another and facing sideways.
The inside tags have cute stories about my boys.


 On the left, there is a matted piece of pattern paper-
 this is what is holding the three envelopes together.

 On the right is another larger envelope with it's opening to the right.
I placed a photo inside of it.


The next page is a small paper bag. 
Inside it, I tucked a narrow paint chip with journaling written on it.


This page is a portion of a baseball card holder. 
It holds one photo and two journaling cards on this side. . .


. . . and  two photos and one journaling card on the backside.

The page on the right is a large playing card with a circle piece of cardstock 
that has journaling written on it.


I placed a photos on the backside of the playing card.

The pink page on the right cut in the shape of a file folder and has more memories written on it.


The last page of the book is half a manilla envelope with lace stapled to the top of it.
I placed two tags cut from pattern paper into it.


On the inside of the back cover, I placed these four pieces of pattern paper that were cut at angles.
I adhered around the outer edges so they could act as pockets.
I placed photos peeking out and little tags with journaling.

That's it! It is truly a treasured keepsake.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

As in water face reflects face, 
so a man's heart reveals the man.
Proverbs 27:19

1 comment:

Vickie @Vickie's Kitchen and Garden said...

What a nice memory for your children to have. Thanks for sharing with the #HomeMattersParty