Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Recipe of the Week #64- Restaurant Style Salsa


Restaurant Style Salsa
1 can whole or diced tomatoes, including the juice
1 can diced tomatoes with green chillies (like Rotel)
1 Serrano or Jalapeno pepper, quartered
half of a small onion
1 Tbsp juice from a fresh lime
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp. minced garlic
cilantro to taste

Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse to your desired consistency.

Note: I made a few adjustments to this based on what I had on hand: I used garlic powder in place of the minced garlic, lime juice from a bottle, and didn't add the Rotel. Also, I had four large tomatoes that needed to be used, so I used them instead of the canned tomatoes.

Let me tell you, this salsa is DELICIOUS!! We totally loved it! I loved the taste of the lime and cumin. My family prefers homemade salsa as opposed to salsa in a jar and this recipe is somewhat different than my usual recipe. Once you see how easy and tasty this is, you may become a fresh salsa family, too!

I got this recipe from this blog.

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

But he who has mercy on the poor, happy is he.
Proverbs 14:21

This post is linked to My Girlish Whims.

No comments: