Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thrifty Thursday #64

     I have to admit. This week's haul could be considered a little dull. There's no pretty plates, no old board games, and, surprisingly, no old books. I have to say that some weeks are just like that.
     I'm not complaining, though. Everything I bought I have a use for.

 
This expandable file cost me $.75.
Now I'm sure it would make a great scrapbook or coupon organizer.
But the minute I spotted it, I knew it would come in handy for the financial class my hubby and I are taking. We're enrolled in the Financial Peace University with Dave Ramsey. It's a great class- we're learning a lot. Part of the course entails keeping money for different categories in envelopes. I thought this would be perfect for that!

 
Got this pack of index tabs for a quarter. They will be used in scrapbooking. I love that they're clear so I can use them with any color paper, and I can personalize the labels.
Keep this in mind all you scrapbookers!

 
Couldn't pass up a new roll of floral tape for a quarter.
Even with a coupon, I'd pay more than that for a new roll at Michaels or Hobby Lobby.
You can go here to see a project I made using floral tape.

 
Yep, those are house numbers you're looking at. Got them for twenty five cents each. Now I know you're probably thinking what in the heck is she going to do with those?
Well, I think they'd be cute on the cover of a mini album. The #4 will be good for a family album for a family of four. 
Not for sure what I'll do with the #1s. I'll come up with something though . . . maybe #1 team for a sports themed book . . . hmmm.

 
The last item I bought is this brand new compass for fifty cents. We didn't have one of these, and one the boys needed one recently. I do always love a bargain!
 
That's it. Not an earth-shattering haul, but not too shabby either!
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve. . .
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Joshua 24:15
 
 This post is linked to Junkin' Joe and Tatertots and Jello.

2 comments:

Jill said...

You're so right, some weeks there is must nothing good but at least you found some useful things!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Oh we soooooo understand the not so good days! you got cool stuff though and we thank you for sharing : ) hugs...