Monday, April 8, 2013

These Were Cabinet Doors?!?

     That's right. These were cabinet doors- the very cabinet doors that I recently rescued from my neighbor's trash.


With my hubby's help, I turned them into a trifold for displaying photos and other mementos.
This will be great to set out during birthday parties for cards
or to show off old photos of the birthday person:)


Here's a close up view of each panel.


Because the background is chalkboard, it can be personalized with a message.


There's quite a bit of room for photos.


We first taped off the frames and spray painted chalkboard paint in the centers.
Once that dried, we connected them with hinges. My hubby wanted the hinges to be on the back, but it would've taken several extra steps to make the trifold stand up. I really like the look of the hinges on the front. Plus, I'm all about keeping it easy!
Next we placed screws alternating down the frames.
For the final step, I attached twine to the screws. This is how the photos will be attached.

This same type of project could be done with old shutters or frames as well.

I just love having a cute place to put photos!

Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Then He said to them all,
"If anyone desires to come after Me,
let him deny himself,
and take up his cross daily,
and follow Me."
Luke 9:23


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are great! I love the ability to change out what you feature on it.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very cute idea, Laura! Very creative, too! I could definitely see this being used at birthday parties or other celebrations with pictures of the person being celebrated.

Gwen said...

Those turned out great! Saw them over at Roadkill Rescue and had to pop over!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Coming over from Roadkill Rescue. What a wonderful curb side find. Love your tri fold chalkbaords.
Joy

Bliss said...

Stopping in to pin, great idea!
Bliss

m+o said...

lovelovelove this! What a wonderful idea! :) -Mika
www.sparrowshaven.blogspot.com