Monday, June 10, 2013

Mini Album Monday #4- Father's Day Album

     Since Father's Day is coming up this weekend, I thought I'd feature a dad themed album for Mini Album Monday.
 
For this album, I used a file folder and folded it into thirds.
I chose brown papers and a set of father stickers by 7 Gypsies.

 
This album is a trifold. 
This is the first page (the backside of the cover). I cut a heart out of dictionary paper and adhered it over the pattern background. Then I used one of my favorite photos of my hubby and our boys. On the two tags, I wrote a funny story about a conversation between my hubby and each boy.

 
This is the flap on the right side. I covered each section with pattern paper. On this one, I placed two photos with a tag for pull-out journaling behind the larger photo.
Once you open this flap, you get to the center of the book. 

 
Here is the center section and the right side.
The right side has a photo with another pull-out tag for journaling.
The center has two pieces of cardstock with journaling and additional photos.

 
Here is a glimpse of the open trifold.
I printed off several questions for my boys to answer about their dad:
What is your dad really good at?
What can you do better than Dad?
How are you like Dad?
How are you different from Dad?
How old is Dad?
How tall is Dad?
What one thing is Dad always saying to you?
What did you and Dad do together that you'll always remember?
How do you know that Dad loves you?

 
The center piece lifts up to show more photos. 

 
Another flap lifts up for even more photos and a few questions that my hubby answered.
The first questions were about his childhood:
What did you want to be when you grew up?
How did you help out around the house?
What did you do in the summertime?
What were you most afraid of?
The next questions have to do with him being a dad:
What do you enjoy doing with your kids?
What's your favorite memory from when your kids were babies?
What have you learned from being a father?
What do you find yourself doing that your father used to do?

 
On the back, I used just one piece of pattern paper and added a "Dedicated to" sticker.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one
can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."
John 6:65
 
 

1 comment:

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

Great idea...thanks for sharing!

Have a wonderful weekend!

~Kim