Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Layout of the Week #63- Using Random Letter Stickers For Your Title

     Can you believe that I have a binder full of letter stickers? I'm not even kidding. Every week I flip through this binder trying to find just the right style for the layout I'm working on. Well, today I pulled out several sets that have only a few letters left and used them to create the title of my page.

 
Here's the layout we'll be making.
Follow along and you can use up some of your leftover stickers!

 
To create it, you'll need:
two pieces of 12"x12" cardstock
one piece of pattern paper measuring 8 1/2"x 11 1/2" (I used ledger paper)
four strips of coordinating pattern paper or washi tape (two 1" strips and two 1/2" strips)
two pieces of scrap papers- measurements below
stickers in whatever theme you'll be scrapping
leftover letter stickers
adhesive
paper trimmer

 
To start, take one piece of the cardstock and trim 1/4" off the top and the right side.
Adhere it in the center of the other piece of cardstock.

 
Now take your four strips of paper or washi tape and adhere them vertically in the center of the cardstock. The strips should all be 12" long, so they will go from the top to the bottom of the background cardstock.
I lined mine up by placing a ruler at the bottom of my cardstock and adhering the strips from 4 1/2"-7 1/2" (because you have 3" of strips- two 1" strips and two 1/2" strips.)

 
Trim your pattern paper in half vertically. Both pieces should then measure 4 1/4" x 11 1/2". Adhere them on either side of the strips.

 
Now place a vertical photo in the bottom right corner. Mine measures 3 3/4"x 5".
Optional: adhere a 1/2" strip of pattern paper under the photo.

 
Place a smaller photo in the upper left corner. Mine measures 3"x 3 1/2".
Optional: Place a piece of pattern paper behind the photo to act as a mat. Mine measures 2 1/4" x 4".

 
Place a second photo overlapping the top photo. This photo should overlap the strips in the middle of the page. My photo measures 4 1/2" x 3 1/2".

 
Place a third photo overlapping the second photo. Mine measures 3" x 4 1/2". 

 
Now place your title in the upper right corner.
Use random letter stickers with different colors and fonts.

 
Place some stickers overlapping the photos.
I placed a sticker on the side of the top photo on the left, at the bottom of the photo on the left and on the bottom of the photo on the right.

 
Write your journaling on one or two small pieces of pattern paper. Adhere them next to the photos on the left.
Ta-da! We're done! See how the random letters in the title really pops!
 
I hope you enjoyed this layout. Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust."
Psalm 91:2
 

No comments: