Monday, August 5, 2013

Mini Album Monday #9- Trip Themed Album

     Since we're still in the dog days of summer, which is prime traveling time, I thought I'd show you a mini album I made featuring a trip we took.

 
I printed the title off of my computer.
I placed map pattern paper on the background with some striped paper on top of that.
 
The thin black strips lining the title block are actually strips of pattern paper with little white license plates that say Road Trip. I cut this paper into strips and used some on each page.
 
I bound this book with two large brads.

 
On the first page, I printed off a map to show our route.

 
The foundation of this book is seven 6"x9" Manila envelopes and chipboard which I used for the cover and also for inserts inside the envelopes. This helps to make the album sturdy.
I scored a line one inch from the end of each of the envelopes which serves as the book's binding. This is where I punched the holes for the brads.

 
Each layout is 2 envelopes with the opening on the left side.
I chose muted pattern papers and trimmed them to about 2"x6". Then I placed a photo and journaling on each side.

 
I placed trip themed stickers and rub ons here and there-
see them along the photos and on the envelope flap?
 

Each envelope has a pull-out with more photos, journaling, and memorabilia.

 
On each envelope flap, I used a circle punch to punch half a circle out to expose a circle sticker.

 
I was able to fit 18 photos on the pages with even more photos on the envelope inserts.

 
Because there's journaling on every page, I was able to include lots of stories from our trip.
When we travel, I try to jot notes down during the trip so I don't forget the little details.

 
The left side is the last envelope in the book. The right side is the back cover. I used the same design on it as I did on the interior pages which gave me room for two last photos and some more journaling.
 
I always love to use envelopes to make albums.
Every time I come across a new big envelope at work, my hands itch to fold it into a book!
 
I hope you're able to take some of this information and use it to make a book of your own.
 
If you like the idea of using envelopes to make a mini album, go here for another version.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Therefore, having been justified by faith,
we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ
Romans 5:1

This post is linked to Make It Pretty Monday, Between Naps on the Porch, Embracing Change, and Craft-O-Maniac.
 

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

What a great mini album! Minis are so much fun to make and I enjoy them more than full size scrapbooks. My Grandma passed away this past week and I found a mini album that we made her for a fall girls retreat. It reminded me that I haven't made one of these in forever! And now your version too - I'm taking it as a sign - Get upstairs and SCRAP!