Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thrifty Thursday #79

     Last weekend there was an estate sale that I wanted to go to, but our weekend was so packed that it looked like I wasn't going to get to it. Luckily, I found a little time Sunday afternoon to go. 
     It started raining on the way there. By the time I got there, it was pouring and all the stuff that was left was laying out on the front lawn. Did I let that stop me?  Oh no, I didn't. I got out my trusty umbrella and carefully walked through puddles to see what I could find. With it being the last day of the sale, there wasn't much.

 
I found this small Pyrex bowl and I just love it. It even has a lid.
This type of dish always reminds me of my mother-in-law.

 
I also spotted this old scoop. It just appealed to me. I think it's pretty old- there are words imprinted on the metal part. I can't read them all, but I can make out that it's 1/4 cup. The scoop looks worn, but I thought it would be cute hanging on the wall. I got this and the Pyrex bowl for $2.
 
I'd say it was worth shopping in the rain.:)

 
Today I took a quick buzz through a thrift store. I got this dessert plate for $1. I love the turquoise flowers on it. Not for sure if I'll use it in my kitchen or if I'll use it for a project.

 
I got this 18" beaded necklace for $1. I think it's pretty.
I'm planning to add a fabric flower to it. Stay tuned:)

 
 I found the teacup for only a quarter. Then I spotted the plate for fifty cents. They aren't a perfect match, but they're close. I'm going to use them to make a candle holder like this.
 
Good luck with your thrifty shopping! Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
For You, Lord, have made me glad through Your work;
I will triumph in the works of Your hands.
Psalm 92:4
 
 This link is posted to Junkin' Joe and Shabby Creek Cottage.

1 comment:

Jill said...

It was definitely worth it to get a little wet, you came hime with treasures!!