Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thrifty Thursday #114

Yesterday when I was out running around with my boys, they were so sweet to wait while I ran into two thrift stores. They may or may not have been bribed with an offer for a stop at Sonic.
 
 
I spotted this darling vintage wire basket right after I walked in the door of the first store.
I gladly paid $2.50 for this guy.
The photo doesn't quite capture the charm of this gem.
 
 
I found three brand new packs of scrapbooking flowers. Each pack was fifty cents.
Such a bargain- and they will be put to use!

 
I am bound and determined to turn leather belts into bracelets.
Because of that, I've been picking up leather belts when I find them.
This one cost seventy five cents.
 
 
You may not be able to tell, but this is a lampshade- or more like a lampshade skeleton.
I got it for a quarter- and I think I'm going to turn it into some sort of a chandelier.


I got these records for fifty cents apiece.
Believe it or not, but I was hoping to find some of these. I needed a few more for a project that I'll be showing you tomorrow. Come back and see what I made with them.
 
That's all, folks!
Only eight dollars for all these treasures.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
But those who wait on the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.
Psalm 37:9
 

This post is linked to Simple Nature Decor, Junkin' Joe, and Embracing Change.


4 comments:

Paulette said...

Great bargains, I would have purchased the wire basket myself.

Paulette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria said...

Thanks for stopping by my party! I like the records...there is a great DIY that you can do with them! making these cool bowls!Have fun !
Take care Maria

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Fun finds! That wire basket looks like its collapsible? I have a oval shaped one. I love tooled leather belts, that one will make a cool bracelet!!!