Friday, May 2, 2014

Birdcages Aren't Just For Birds Anymore

Over the last few years, I've found myself more and more drawn to vintage items.
I love incorporating them into the decor for my house.
I have several antique pieces in my living room- two printer's trays, a vintage baby scale, an old film projector, and lots of old dishes.
One of my friends has an old adding machine that sits on the table behind her sofa. I think it looks so cute that I now am on the lookout for my own adding machine:)

 
Here's something that I pieced together with some vintage items.


You may remember when I bought this birdcage.
I have a friend who I knew would love this. Since I planned to give it to her as a gift, I knew that I couldn't just give it to her empty. So I started thinking about what I could put in it.

 
My first thought was books. But they couldn't be very big or they wouldn't fit.
I found three beautiful old books in my collection.
Then I thought about adding a candle. I decided on a candle in a teacup.
Then I needed something behind the teacup to balance out the arrangement.
After several attempts, I added a vintage photo, part of a fern, and an old bookplate.
 
 
Do you think it's cute or is it too much?
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and God bless.
 
But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord;
He is their strength in the time of trouble.
Psalm 37:39


1 comment:

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

It's perfect!!! What a wonderful and thoughtful gift~~~