Friday, May 16, 2014

Teacher Gift Idea: Crayon Wreath

The school year is ending which means it's time to start thinking about teacher gifts.
Teachers work so hard and it's nice to give them a little something to show our appreciation for all that they do for our children.
 
Today I have a fun school themed project to share.
 

It's a crayon wreath.
 
I had a couple of large boxes of Crayola crayons on hand that I had bought when they were on sale, so I was excited to try this project.
 
 
I used two embroidery hoops measuring 5" and 10".
I set the little one inside the big one, then I laid out my crayons before attaching them.
Once I got an idea of the spacing, I hot glued one crayon at a time to both hoops.
I finished it off with a ribbon for hanging and a sign with the teacher's name. To make that, I attached a piece of pattern paper to chipboard, then used letter stickers for the name.
 
It was easier than I thought to make this.
Now I still have two more big boxes of crayons to find a use for. . . :)
 
Come by on Monday and I'll show you how to make a simple school themed mini album which would also be a lovely teacher present.
 
I hope you all have a great weekend!
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
For the Lord Most High is awesome
Psalm 47:2
 

No comments: