Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Layout of the Week #93

This is my 93rd Layout of the Week- that's a lot of layouts!
Without this series, I probably wouldn't get any scrapbooking done.

It's a good challenge for me to keep up with my scrapbooking.
I challenge you to follow along every other week- each tutorial takes an hour or less.
That's only two layouts a month, but it doesn't take long before you'll have
a small stack of layouts done. . . such a good feeling:)
 
Today's Layout of the Week takes a bunch of photos, crops them, and fits them together like a puzzle.
 
 
Here's the layout we'll be creating.
I fit 14 photos on mine.
 
You could also do two even rows of 6 photos measuring 4 1/2"x 4"
or three rows of nine 3"x 3" photos.
 
 
To create this layout, you'll need:
one piece of 12"x 12" cardstock
3"x 12" pattern paper
letter stickers for title
white cardstock for journaling
8-14 photos
paper trimmer
adhesive
 
 
Adhere the 3"x 12" piece of pattern paper along the left edge of the cardstock.
 
I used part of a park map that I brought home from our trip to Sea World.
I always bring those home, but don't always find a use for them.
 
 
Start cropping your photos to make them fit.
I started along the top edge.
I suggest before cropping, you lay out the photos to get an idea of how much
of each one you will need to trim.
 
 
Continue adding photos.
 
 
For some of my photos, I overlapped others photos- for others, I butted them up edge to edge.
Use whatever method works best for you.
 
 
Keep adding photos until all the blank cardstock is covered.
 
 
Note: I had one extra small photo left, so I placed it overlapping the two photos
in the upper right corner.
 
 
Add your title overlapping the photos.
 

Print or write your journaling on white cardstock.
Cut it into strips and add it in a column overlapping the pattern paper and photos.
 
I had lots of stories to add- don't feel you have to have this much journaling.
 
That's it! This layout really lets the photos do the talking!
 
If you enjoyed this post, stop by every other Wednesday for a new tutorial to
complete a layout from beginning to end.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
The righteous man walks in his integrity;
his children are blessed after him.
Proverbs 20:7
 


2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love your layout. The journaling strips really ties it all together! Great job!

Maria said...

love the blue colors, you did a very nice job! thanks for showing this at my party Maria