Friday, April 20, 2012

Doors in My Livingroom

     A few months ago, I posted a picture of some old doors that my brother had brought me (Thank you Jaremy!). Well, I'll be honest. They sat out in front of my house for awhile. For so long, in fact, that they started to grow mildew. So I took an afternoon and scrubbed them down, then I borrowed my hubby's sander and sanded along the edges. I was so pleased with the outcome.
     The next day, my hubby brought them all into my living room. Well, I'll continue to be honest and tell you that they sat in my living room leaning against some shelves for a few weeks. Okay, maybe a month.
     I thought that I wanted to put them against the one blue wall in my living room and have a "Wall of Doors" effect. We tried it, but it didn't look right.
     So then I thought, how about if the whole wall isn't covered. How about if I just have a few against the wall behind the recliner to balance out the old hutch I have on the other side of the wall.
     Here's what it looks like. What do you think?



See how they balance out the small white hutch? 
     Thanks for stopping by and God bless.













Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
 
 
 

toomuchtime

1 comment:

Lisa of "The Creative Need" said...

Hey, love your doors! You might want to think about getting some hinges and turning them into a "door screen". This would look great behind your chair! Lisa in West Virginia