Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #14

     Well, I spotted an estate sale on my way to pick up my hubby from work last Sunday. So on our way home, we stopped. Since it was the last day, everything was half off. Score!
     The house wasn't in the best condition, but the estate sale company had organized quite a bit of stuff and put it on display. One room had a long counter FULL of old magazines for only $1 each (before the discount). The previous owner was quite a pack rat.
     I picked out these five. Two of them are from the forties, two from the fifties, and one from the sixties. I would have loved to bring home more, but I don't even know what I'll do with these. They're sure fun to look through, and the ads are amazing!



     I also found this old nursery rhyme book with a copyright of 1944.
     Got it for fifty cents- I simply cannot pass up a book with illustrations like this! If I ever get to design my own line of scrapbooking papers (ha ha), I'd like to incorporate these somehow.




     I also saw a box of tickets from football games in the fifties! That's right! They were in fantastic shape! Even with the discount, they were $1.50 a piece. But I didn't want just one, I wanted the whole box. I sure could not have justified that purchase to my hubby. So I didn't get any- not even one. After I left, I wished I had offered a price for the whole box- the sale was only going for another thirty minutes and they may have worked with me. Lesson learned- won't miss a chance like that again.

     Hope you all have a super weekend. Happy thrifting!
     Thanks for stopping by and God bless.











No comments: