Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Recipe of the Week #49- Chocolate Caramel Covered Butterfinger Potato Chips

 
     Yep, you read right, today's recipe is potato chips dipped in caramel and chocolate topped with crushed Butterfingers. This recipe mixes salty and sweet and it is yummy! 
     I'll be honest with you. . .when I first made these, nobody at my house would try them- not my sons, not my hubby. I had to make them try them and they did so with scrunched faces and poor attitudes. They were pleasantly surprised. As a matter of fact, they really liked them.
 
Caramel Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips
 
1 bag crinkle cut potato chips
1 bag Kraft caramels
2 Tbsp water
Approximately 2 cups melting chocolate (I used chocolate Almond Bark)
2 whole Butterfinger candy bars, crushed
 
Cover work space with wax paper. Unwrap caramels, place in bowl (deeper is better for dipping), and coat the caramels with water. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Microwave for another 30 seconds if needed.
Dip the chips and let cool on wax paper.
Melt chocolate. Once caramel is cool, dip chips in chocolate, then sprinkle with Butterfingers. Let cool on wax paper.
 
I found this recipe at this fantastic blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
 
Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.
Psalm 2:12
 
 This post is linked to Tip Junkie and Between Naps on the Porch.
 
 

1 comment:

Blissmade Designs said...

Oh my...those look so good!