Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Layout of the Week #41- Using Mail on Your Layout

     Hi All! I'm here (late tonight) with my weekly installment of the Layout of the Week where we're going to use an envelope that came in the mail- right on our layouts.

 
Here's the layout we'll be creating.
 
 
To make this layout, you'll need:
one piece of 12"x12" pattern paper
two pieces of coordinating pattern paper
envelope from the mail (any size)
sticker sheet with whatever theme you'll be scrapping
any extra embellishments you'd like to add (I added two tickets)
paper trimmer
 adhesive

 
First, take a strip of your scrap pattern paper measuring 1" x 12" and adhere it to the bottom of the background pattern paper.

 
Then, cut the other pattern paper to the same length as your envelope and 2" wide. Adhere it to the inside flap of the envelope. Mine is wide enough to tuck into the envelope a little ways.
 
 
Then turn your envelope over and trim around the rounded corners.

 
Adhere the envelope at a diagonal in the upper left corner of the background paper.
See how the paper on the inside of the envelope gives it a boost of color- and cuteness?

 
Now add your photos. I made my top one straight, but skewed my other two. I placed them closer to the right hand side of the layout rather than centering them.

 
Now place your title right at the bottom of the photos along the edge of the bottom strip of pattern paper. You can use a pre-printed title like I did or just use letter stickers (like I usually do).

 
The envelope will provide you with room for mementos, extra journaling, or more photos.
I opted for photos and matted them on regular kraft cardstock.
The tabs were just two stickers off the sticker sheet I was using. If you don't have tab stickers, use a regular sticker and place it halfway off the mat which will make it look like a tab. Then rub a little baby powder to the sticky part on the back. The powder will undo the stickiness.

 
Place your do dads into the envelope. Add a little journaling to the outside of the envelope. I also added some ink to mine to tone down the stark whiteness.
Place an embellishment on the top two photos. I used part of a ticket and a sticker on the bottom outside corners of the top two photos.
That's it! We're done!
 
     Now run out to your mailbox, grab and envelope, and give this a try!:) I'm planning to have part two of this tutorial next week with ideas for using junk mail in scrapbooking.
 
     If you enjoyed this tutorial, please stop by every Wednesday for my Layout of the Week. Just imagine, if you follow along, you could complete one layout a week this whole year.
 
     Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Freely you have received, freely give.
Matthew 10:8

This post is linked to Five Days Five Ways and 52 Mantles.



1 comment:

me said...

How cool is this?!

PS- Thank you for joining in my first link up! now, I believe I saw something about brownies in the post below - off to check it out. :)