Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Recipe of the Week #54- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes

 
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
2 tbsp steak sauce
1 cup beef stock
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp butter
4 hamburger rolls
4 slices provolone or American cheese

Pre-heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until shimmering. Add ground beef and brown 5 minutes, breaking into chunks. Add the onions and pepper and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Slowly add the beef stock and steak sauce. Simmer about 5-10 minutes until the sauce is reduced by half.

In another medium skillet, melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat. Toast rolls.
Serve mixture over rolls with a slice of cheese melting on top.
 
Oh. My. Word. This meal was so good! I don't know if it was the flavor of the beef or the toasted buns- or the mixture of both, but I totally loved this! It was indeed a hit with my family- except for my younger goofball son who isn't overly fond of loose meat sandwiches. He said it would be ok for us to have again in three months. Much to his dismay and the rest of our delight, we'll be having it much sooner than that!
 
I found this recipe here.
 
O my soul, you have said to the Lord,
"You are my Lord, my goodness is nothing apart from You."
Psalm 16:2
 
 This post is linked to 52 Mantles, Too Much Time On My Hands, and Tip Junkie.
 

1 comment:

Marisa Howard Design said...

These look like they would be a big hit at our next football party!