Friday, February 8, 2013

Message Tile Gift Idea

     Sometime ago, I found a bunch of tiles sitting curbside (that's my subtle way of saying that I found them in somebody's trash).  I, of course, brought them home thinking that I could use them for something.
      Here's a quick and easy gift idea using one of these tiles- after all, Valentine's Day is coming.

 
My tile is 4 1/4" square.
I used rub-ons place the quote, "I love you because. . ." 
 

 
The dry erase marker easily wipes off so you can personalize the message every day.

 
You could make one for your whole family to use or one for each member of the family.
It would even make a good gift for grandparents. My boys are going to give one to my mom. I think she'll enjoy having this to exchange messages with the boys. Who knows what they'll write!
You could even give one as a teacher gift if you used a quote like, " You make me. . ." or "I like how you. . .".
 
Once you apply the letters, I suggest that you either glue magnets to the back or place it on a plate stand for display.
 
If you want to make one, all you need is
a tile (any size will do)
a set of rub-ons
dry erase marker
plate stand or magnets
 
What do you think? I think we could all use a little love note here and there!:)
 
If you like this project, go here and here to see other projects I've used with tiles.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
 
For You will light my lamp;
The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.
Psalm 18;28  
 
 
 

2 comments:

I Play Outside The Box said...

Cute idea....found you over at Gail's, My Repurposed Life!!!

My Repurposed Life said...

I've made these too! so cute and easy, and FREE is great!
gail