Monday, February 4, 2013

Framed!

     I am always on the lookout for cute ways to display photos. So I dug in my stash of frames, pulled one out and made something that I've been wanting to make for awhile.

 
That's just two pieces of jute tied to the frame and clothespins holding the photos.
Can you get any simpler than that?
 
I've made frames and placed chickenwire in the center which is darling, too, but I really like how this turned out.

 
If you'd like to make one of these, all it takes is:
a large frame
jute
four nails
hammer
optional: spray paint
 
Start by spray painting your frame whatever color you like. Once it's dry, you need to decide where you want your nails. To do this, I got out some 4"x6" photos and eyeballed it so I could make sure that I would have enough room to hang them both vertically and horizontally.
Then hammer the first set of nails across from each other. My top row is about 2-3" from the top of the frame opening.
Then place your second set of nails- about 6-6 1/2" below the other set.
Now tie on some jute.
Ta-da! How cute will your photos look on a frame like this?!
 
If you like this idea, you can look here and here for other ideas for displaying photos.
 
You can go here to see the cute clothespins that I altered to use with this frame.
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
You have also given me the shield of Your salvation;
Your right hand has held me up,
Your gentleness has made me great.
Psalm 18:35
 


This post is linked to Today's Creative Blog, Craft-O-Maniac, Skip to My Lou, Making the World Cuter, and Between Naps on the Porch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this project! The twine is perfect, so cute :)

xo, Tanya